• Ellen Taaffe Zwilich: Pas de Trois (Local Premiere, Co-Commissioned by HVCMC)
• Robert Schumann: Six Études in Canonic Form, Op. 56
• Maurice Ravel: Piano Trio
• Felix Mendelssohn: Piano Trio in D minor
with guest violist Milena Pajaro-van de Stadt
• Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: String Quartet No.23 in F major, K.590
• Erich Wolfgang Korngold: String Quartet No. 3, Op. 34
• Antonín Dvořák: String Quintet No.3, Op.97
When the leaves fall and the weather turns colder, that means it’s time for our Annual Free Family Concert with the Bard Conservatory Preparatory Division! Families and children of all ages are welcome. There will be apples for snacks and kids can sit up front (there will be rugs and pillows!) for the best views of performances by the Prep Division faculty, including the artists pictured here, and their talented students.
Please join us at the home of our esteemed board member Dennis and his generous partner Bing for our annual autumn concert & reception to benefit HVCMC. The event will be held in their renovated barn which features a music room that is adjacent to Bing’s art studio. The barn of creativity faces west, providing guests with stunning views of a fall sunset while you enjoy wine & hors d’oeuvres. Our own talented, well-loved birthday celebrant, Joan Tower, has planned a memorable musical afternoon for all.
- Beethoven: Piano Trio in E flat major, Op. 70, No. 2
- Bent Sørensen: Phantasmagoria for Piano Trio
- Anton Arensky: Piano Trio No. 1 in D minor, Op. 32
Jaime Laredo & Pamela Frank (violins), Nokuthula Ngwenyama & Milena Pajaro-van de Stadt (violas), and Keith Robinson & Sharon Robinson (cellos)
• Brahms String Sextet No. 1 in B flat major, Op. 18
• Brahms String Sextet No. 2 in G major, Op. 36
With JOAN TOWER (piano), CAROL WINCENC (flute) & BLAIR McMILLEN (piano)
This special concert celebrates Grammy-winning composer Joan Tower on her 80th birthday year, with the Jasper String Quartet, flutist Carol Wincenc, pianist Blair McMillen, violinist Leonardo Pineda, and two of Joan Tower’s students — Christopher Beroes-Haigis and Corey Chang — who have written short pieces for the occasion. The program will include premieres of three new compositions, one by Joan Tower and one each by Chang and Beroes-Haigis.
• Joan Tower: Sixth Fanfare for the Uncommon Woman (for solo piano) (2014)
• Joan Tower: Big Sky (2000)
• Joan Tower: Wild Purple (1998)
• Joan Tower: Rising (for flute and string quartet) (2009)
• Christopher Beroes-Haigis: In Blue (2018, premiere)
• Corey Chang: Field of Shards (2018, premiere)
• Joan Tower: Second String Force (2010)
• Joan Tower: Wild Summer (2018, preview)
When the leaves fall and the weather turns colder, that means it’s time for our Annual Free Family Concert with the Bard Conservatory Preparatory Division! Families and children of all ages are welcome. Kids can sit up front for the best views of our faculty and student performances!
Come enjoy an autumn afternoon at the beautiful Wethersfield Farm & Estate in support of HVCMC. You’ll get a chance to stroll the beautiful gardens, take a tour with Wethersfield’s Master Gardener, and enjoy an exclusive concert in the Carriage House, followed by wine & hors d’oeuvres. Click the “Learn More” button for a video of last year’s benefit at Wethersfield, along with further event details.
Antonín Dvořák: String Quartet in F Major, Op. 96 “American”
Paul Hindemith: String Quartet No. 4, Op. 22
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Clarinet Quintet in A Major, K.581, with guest clarinetist Alan Kay
MOZART – SCHUBERT – BRAHMS
*Due to the unavailability of Jaime Laredo of the Kalichstein-Laredo-Robinson Trio, the program will be performed by Joseph Kalichstein (piano), Bella Hristova (violin), Milena Pajaro-van de Stadt (viola), and Sharon Robinson (cello). To purchase tickets to this event, click on the Kalichstein-Laredo-Robinson Trio event on the Fischer Center website.
Franz Schubert: String Trio in B-Flat Major, D 471
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Piano Quartet No. 1 in G minor, K 478
Johannes Brahms: Piano Quartet No. 1 in G minor, Op. 25
Béla Bartók: String Quartet No. 1
Ludwig van Beethoven: String Quartet in B-flat major, Op. 130 with Grosse Fuge
Music lovers of all ages were treated to an afternoon of fabulous music at Bard College’s Bito Auditorium. Thank you to the Preparatory Division of the Bard Conservatory for once again making our free annual concert such a success, and to our extraordinary musicians who kept a very enthusiastic young audience rapt!
Thanks to all who came out on a beautiful fall day for a garden stroll through the impressive grounds of the Wethersfield Estate and a music program in the Carriage House featuring works from 1880 through 2011 , followed by wine and hors d’oeuvres.